Saturday, February 18, 2012

1st Cravings

I think I officially had my first pregnancy craving this past week. For Valentine's Day this year, me and the hubs laid low, cooked at home and decided not to exchange gifts or candy. However, I had been looking forward to one thing, and one thing only, the entire day.

Chocolate milk.

We usually keep chocolate milk in the fridge, and Tuesday was no different than usual. We had almost 1/2 gallon left, so I knew I could have a huge glass when I got home from work. There was only one catch-- the expiration date was Tuesday. I had held out hope for that date to only mean that it couldn't be sold in stores after that date and it would still be delicious.

It wasn't, and thankfully the hubby poured it out before I had to figure that out for myself.

I have to admit that I got more upset and aggravated than normal when the hubs told me he threw it out, and even though he offered to go get me more, I declined as I tried to reason with the psychotic side of me that wanted it so bad.

Long story short... I couldn't get it out of my mind and we mad a trip to a nearby store at 9 p.m. to get a bottle.

So far, this and other very mild cravings have been only 1 of 2 symptoms I've had since I've been preggo. The other symptom being fatigue. I tried to blame it on the rain, but I only got out of the house today for about 2 hours. Went a few places and felt drained so I came home and took a nap.

I'll enjoy it while I can. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment