Donora who just sent me this "Honest Scrap" blog award thingy!!! Since I only have ONE follower, Donora is trying to
Rules for the award:
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
10 Honest Things:
1. My back hurts really bad right now. Sorry, I know that's not profound by any means, but it's all I can think about right now. It's been hurting for a few days. Last time I went to the chiropractor he told me the bottom of my spine curves to the left and the discs are thinning in between my vertebrae. Fabulous, I said. So I’m going to be crippled by the time I turn 30? Outstanding! At some points it hurts to sit/stand/walk/lay down, so I really do feel helpless. Anyway, since he said there’s not really anything I can do about it, I just learn to deal with it. When I used to do strength training, it helped A LOT. So, I guess there’s my answer.
2. I’m very paranoid about my health as I get older. So, I have several goals for living a healthier lifestyle, including strength training for example, because I’m so afraid (paranoid) of getting cancer/diabetes/heart problems/joint problems/Alzheimer’s/anything else you can think of. I know that sometimes these things just happen, but I’m convinced that you’re lifestyle has a lot to do with your risk factor. I just wish sometimes I wouldn’t think about it ALL.DAY.LONG. (see the word paranoia again)
3. I love, love, love watching the Kardashians! I seriously could probably watch it for hours. I don’t know what it is about that show! Maybe I just love watching other people’s drama. Or maybe it’s because no matter what happens between them, they always love each other at the end of the day. Or maybe because they just seem like they’d be fun to hang out with. Who knows!
4. I don’t know what I’d do without my dogs, Bella & Bo. They’re annoying 95% of the time, but at the same time, they’re so sweet! I treat them like kids, talk to them all the time, tell them I love them before bed & before I leave. Maybe I should be paranoid about being the crazy, old dog lady too! ha
5. I need a creative outlet, but I’m afraid I’m not very creative. I’ve always thought it would be fun to be a chef, fabulous cake designer, be a masseuse, makeup artist, etc. To actually DO something with my creativity instead of just think about it. In my job now, people think I’m creative because I design our advertisements, but I secretly hate it. My job is more thinking rather than doing. I need more of the doing part.
6. I LOVE to travel. I have several places I need to visit before I die and now I’m looking for someone to pay for it. Being in one place too long makes me restless and begging for something different. That being said, who’s up for a vacation???
7. I think that if I hadn’t moved back to my home town right after college (lack of a j-o-b), I’d probably never come back. I never pictured myself moving back, but now that I’m here, I’m ok with it. I still get the itch to move off somewhere big and fabulous every once in a while, but I don’t know that I could be too far from all my friends and family. And I need to be within an hour or so drive to the beach. :)
8. I’m going to steal #8 from Donora because it’s so true!!! I think I could probably gain 10lbs today if I didn't try really hard not to. I'm really trying the motto "Eating to live, not living to eat." I love food. Love it! :)
9. My new year’s resolutions are more like new year’s ‘hopefuls.’ I’m not exactly the best person ever at following through on these kinds of things. In fact, I’m actually really, really bad at it.
10. I used to be really good at remembering everyone’s birthdays. Used to be. I would write out all of our family and friends’ birthdays on my mom’s calendar at the beginning of the year. I would make the reminder calls to everyone so they wouldn’t forget each other’s birthdays. Now, I’m the one forgetting. I think once I hit 25, my mind and my body just starting falling apart. (one more reason for the above paranoia)
Now, here are my 7 awards:
1. I'm giving two back to Donora because she constitently encourages me to write new things.
2. I'll give two to Ivy because she commented on my blog once. I think she might have been the second person ever to even read the thing. :)
3. Here are two for Jana because she's officially my number 2 follower. and because I just found her after years of her disappearance! :)
4. ....ok, so that's 6 awards, right? well, i have a problem... i don't know any more bloggers! i'll have to track some people down and award the rest!